Duke Energy wants to force its Indiana customers to pay for a business-as-usual plan that continues to rely almost exclusively on dirty and expensive coal- and gas-fired power plants, ignoring the enormous potential of clean, safe, efficient and...Read more
Duke Energy is the largest investor-owned electric utility in the U.S. But a new report by Environmental Working Group reveals another distinction: Its puny investments in renewable energy, schemes to penalize customers who want to go solar, and...Read more
Duke Energy, the largest investor-owned electric utility in the U.S., wants to charge customers in South Carolina more for using less energy. Duke is asking state regulators for permission to more than triple the flat monthly charge – what customers pay...Read more
Recent Utilities Stories:
- Duke Energy Blames Renewables for Increased Air Pollution in North Carolina
- Federal Energy Subsidies: What Are We Getting for Our Money?
- As the Climate Crisis Accelerates, Big Utilities Go Slower on Cutting Carbon Emissions
- Duke Energy Refuses to Acknowledge the New Realities of the Electricity Market
- In Indiana, Latest Duke Energy Proposal Clings to Fossil Fuels, Dismisses Renewables
- Pressure Mounts on NC Lawmakers To Reject Duke Energy Rate Increase Bill
- Duke CEO Threatens Action Against South Carolina Customers After Officials Vote Down Steep Rate Hike
- Duke-Backed Bill That Could Jack Up Rates for NC Ratepayers Passes State Senate
- Why Duke, America’s Biggest Electric Utility, Is Also the Worst for the Environment
- A Bill of Rights To Keep Utilities From Penalizing Solar Customers
- EWG Joins ‘Green New Deal’ Coalition To Push for 100 Percent Renewables by 2035
- Why Does the Energy Department Downplay the Future of Renewables?
- Is 100 Percent Renewable Energy for the U.S. Possible? Yes.
- The Myth of ‘Clean’ Natural Gas
- The Economic Viability of Nuclear Power Is Only Going Down
- Hurricane Florence Knocked Out N.C. Coal and Nuclear Plants, but Solar and Wind Were Back Online the Next Day
- Trump Says He’ll Save Coal Power Plants, But Even Utilities Know He’s Blowing Smoke
- Big Utilities Scheme to Make Solar Customers Pay More
- Trump’s Bailout of Coal and Nuclear Plants Could Cause Thousands of Early Deaths, Send Utility Bills Soaring
- Dying Coal- and Nuclear-Powered Utility Asks Again for Government Bailout